7 Easy Methods To Fix Epson Printer Error 0x97
Epson printers are one of the most popular printers around the world. They are well-known for their top-quality performance and consistent printing. But, like every similar printer, Epson is not without flaws. When you utilize Epson printers, such as the Epson WF3620 or 3640 and other models, you may observe an Epson printer error 0x97. This could mean there’s something wrong with the device. However, this can be triggered when internal devices or motherboards begin to fail.
Due to the code, you may be unable to print, and consequently, your work gets disrupted. Also, it’s feasible that your computer is turning off and on. If you’re having issues with the Epson Printer error code, 0x97 appearing on your printer, we’re certain that these little errors are making you uncomfortable and you are finding them irritating. They will never disappear! This is the reason why many Epson users report they have Epson error code 97 is encountered when printing. We are happy to inform you that we’ve got solutions for you. Before we move on towards the answers, let’s look at the root of the problem and the reason for it.
What’s an Epson error code?
Epson code (0x97) is a warning message that is caused by various causes. Most often, it is the result of internal hardware problems.
The majority of long-term users of the printer are prone to this problem. If you are using your printer for a long amount of time you could encounter this problem. If you encounter the error message, your printer will inform you to turn your printer off and on and over. It will be impossible to print or use the printer in another way until you can find a permanent solution.
It is possible to find the Epson code 0x97 on these models from the Epson WorkForce series:
- Epson WF-3640
- Model Epson WF-4630
- Epson WF-7610
What is the reason for the Epson Printer error message of 0x97?
There are many reasons you might encounter the Epson error code that could occur at your printer. As we mentioned, it is a sign of problems with the hardware that stop the printer’s functions.
The root causes of the error code of 0x97 for Epson model printers (mentioned earlier) are given below to help you in understanding their causes.
- The hardware in your printer may have failed to function properly.
- Another cause is related to the printer’s hardware. You likely have a motherboard issue with your printer. is failing. This is among the most frequent causes of Epson error code the number 97.
- A different possibility could be that the nozzle on your printer has become blocked. This could lead to other issues.
- A dirty head of the printer A dusty or dirty printer or jammed paper could also be a reason.
How do I solve Epson error code error 0x97?
The process of fixing your Epson error code, 0x97 may be a bit exhausting at times. To ensure your comfort we have put together seven simple and easy steps to help you to fix the issue. All you need must do is adhere to the steps step-by-step.
These steps will assist you to understand the techniques to correct the problem on your printer efficiently.
Method 1: Turning your printer off and on
Epson printer issues can be the result of technical problems. If the Epson error code is 0x97, which results in your printer’s becoming jammed the printer will inform you to shut off the printer and then turn it back on. This is why disconnecting and reconnecting your Epson printer is a good idea. In the end, you can remove the cartridges as you wish. You can now look over the following six steps to determine what else is required to be completed:
- Remove all cables to connect your printer to it.
- Examine if there are jammed papers. Get them out if they are any.
- Get rid of all the cartridges that came with your printer
- If your device does not have accessories connected to it Press the “Power” button for approximately 60 minutes. This will reset your printer.
- Attach all of the accessories to the back of the device.
- Click and hold down your “Power” button for a second time. The printer will now begin to print.
Method 2: Disconnect and reconnect
In this case, it is necessary to disconnect the device and then connect the device to the power source.
- Stop any printing process.
- Unplug all cables that are connected to your printer. Check to see if no other accessory is connected.
- Take the cartridges off the printer.
- Click “Power” or the “Power” switch on your PC. This will ensure that there’s not any power remaining in the printer.
- Connect all power cables and accessories to the printer.
- Switch on your printer.
Method 3: Resetting your printer
This technique is very identical to the previous one. You must unplug all cables. It will take about five minutes for the printer to cool before moving on.
- Get rid of all cables and other accessories from the printer.
- Hold and press and hold the “Power” button until you have held it for sixty minutes.
- Connect all cables and accessories, and then simultaneously push and hold down the “Power” button.
- Release the “Power” button.
- Hold and press the “Power” button for an additional 60 minutes.
- Continue printing
Method 4: Cleansing the head of your printer
Dirty print heads are one of the main reasons for your issue. If this happens, then cleaning the print head can be an easy fix.
- Take all cartridges off the printer head.
- Take a tissue and put the cartridges of ink on it upside down.
- Separate the print head from the printer.
- Clean the lower part of your print head by using an untried cloth and warm water. Repeat the process until notice no more streaks of black ink on your cloth.
- Place the print head into warm water for about 10 minutes. Remove the print head and make sure it’s dry.
- Install the printer into the printer, and then reinstall the cartridges.
- Turn the printer on and then start using it.
Method 5: Clean your printer
Other factors like dust, ink waste, and paper particles could be the reason why your printer displays the Epson error code 97. This is why it is advised to wipe the printer with moist tissues.
- Turn off your printer.
- Lift the cover on the front.
- Make use of a towel and warm water to cleanse the interior that is inside your laptop (especially the mechanical pad).
- Dry to the print head for about 15 minutes.
- Cover the printer’s front, and restart the printer.
Method 6: Update or install the driver for the printer
It’s also possible the issue you are experiencing is related to a driver. Installing or updating a suitable driver will allow you to resolve your problem.
- Visit the site of the printer’s maker.
- Download the latest driver applicable to your specific model.
- Download the driver.
- Go to windows desktop.
- Right-click the ‘device’.
- Select the option ‘Software update’.
- Choose “utility” within the window for printer settings.
- Select ‘Driver update’.
Method 7: Troubleshooting the printer
This method could efficiently solve your issue. It’s easy to follow.
- Visit the Microsoft support site.
- Google “Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter”.
- After your tool is installed, be sure to follow the directions given in the manual.
Epson error codes 0x97 may be a problem for the device at any point. It is possible to save you and your Epson printer from the abyss when you are aware of the 7 solutions listed above. We hope that all the suggestions listed above can be of help.
Also Read: Xerox Printers, Initial and Basics