QuickBooks Desktop is an accounting program that helps businesses to keep a record of their regular financial transactions. Not only this, QuickBooks also assists in managing sales and tracking outlays. QuickBooks enables the accounts team of a business to generate specific reports with ease, which can further help in the right planning and tax filing. Intuit designed QuickBooks to fulfill the needs of every kind of business, irrespective of their size and reach. With more than two decades in the accounting world, QuickBooks Desktop has a massive user base all over the world.
However, such an impressive profile does not make QuickBooks impenetrable. There is no dearth of errors and technical bugs that can prove to be obstacles to the defenses of QuickBooks Desktop and halt its ordinary functioning. Take an instance of QuickBooks error H202.
What is QuickBooks Error H202?
QuickBooks error H202 falls under the category of multi-user mode errors, which occurs when a user tries to connect to its company files located on the server computer from one of the workstations. An error message might appear on the computer screen stating, “The company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.”
For instant troubleshooting assistance to fix QuickBooks error H202, please get in touch with our QuickBooks support group at 1-855-856-0042.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 15101
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks error code H202?
It is noticed that QuickBooks error code H202 usually arises when the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, whose primary function is to facilitate multi-user mode in QuickBooks Desktop, is stopped working on the server computer. Although, there can be other factors too behind its occurrence, such as:
- QuickBooks services such as QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitorService, which are essential to run multi-user mode, are not working on the server computer.
- Third-party programs like Windows Firewall are preventing QuickBooks Desktop from connecting to the internet.
- The QuickBooks folder does not have enough Windows permissions to share the company files on the network.
How to resolve QuickBooks error H202?
Solution 1) Start QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the host computer
Step 1) On the host computer, get the QuickBooks Tool Hub program
- Exit all the windows of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download the newest release of QuickBooks Tool Hub, which is 22.214.171.124.
- Save the downloaded file of QuickBooks Tool Hub (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) on Windows Desktop so that you can reach it quickly whenever there is a need.
- Double-click the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and act accordingly to the instructions mentioned on the computer display.
- Finish the installation of QuickBooks Tool Hub by agreeing to the terms and conditions.
Step 2) From QuickBooks Tool Hub, start QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Right-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon and then choose the Open option.
- Pick the Network Issues tab from the left-side panel.
- Select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager option.
Note: In case QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not installed on the server computer, QuickBooks will prompt you to install it.
- If your QuickBooks company file folder(s) is present in QuickBooks Database Server Manager, select the Start Scan button.
Note: If your QuickBooks company file folder is not present there, select the Browse option to go to the location of it.
- When QuickBooks Database Server Manager finishes scan to locate the company files, select the Close button.
Solution 2) Confirm that the QuickBooks services are functioning on the host computer
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys altogether to open the Run command screen.
- Type “services.msc” into the search field and then select the OK button.
- In the list of services, find QuickBooksDBXX and double-click on it.
Note: XX in QuickBooksDBXX denotes the version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- On the General tab, select the Automatic option for the Startup type.
- Make certain that the Service status is either Started or Running. In case it is neither of them, select the Start button.
- Move to the Recovery tab and select Restart the Service for First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures.
- Select the Apply option and then click on the OK button to save the changes you have made.
- Repeat the aforementioned steps for QBCFMonitorService.
Solution 3) Set up the Windows Firewall settings on the host computer
- On the keyword, press the Windows key to open the Windows Start menu.
- Type “Windows Firewall” into the search field and select Windows Firewall.
- Pick the Advanced Settings option.
- Right-click on the Inbound Rules option and then choose the New Rule option.
- Choose the Port option and then hit the Next button.
- Make certain the TCP option is chosen.
- In the Specific local ports box, enter the particular ports required for the QuickBooks year version.
- Hit the Next button.
- Pick the Allow the Connection option and then click on the Next button.
- When prompted, confirm that all profiles are selected. Hit the Next button.
- Create a new rule and title it in the manner “QBPorts(year).”
- Click on the Finish button.
- After creating inbound rules for QuickBooks, follow the steps mentioned above in the same order to create outbound rules this time.
Solution 4) Change the QuickBooks folder permissions to share the company files
- On your keyboard, press the Windows and E keys to open Windows Explorer.
- Open the C: drive and then follow the path, “\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks.”
- Right-click on the QuickBooks folder and then choose the Properties option.
- Go to the Security tab and then select the Edit option.
- Select QBDataServiceUserXX from the list of services and then pick the Full Control option.
- Select the Allow option.
- Click on the Apply button and then the OK button.
In the end, we just hope that you find this article worth reading, and now, you are able to fix QuickBooks error H202. However, if you get QuickBooks multi-user mode error even after following the troubleshooting solutions that we have mentioned above in the article, then there might be some network connectivity issues between the server and the workstations. Hence, our suggestion for you is to ping your server computer from each workstation where you are getting QuickBooks multi-user mode error. For additional troubleshooting help to dispense with QuickBooks error code H202, feel free to speak to our experienced QuickBooks experts at 1-855-856-0042.