In order to manage regular business activities effectively, more and more companies are employing QuickBooks Desktop with each passing day. QuickBooks Desktop, a software developed by Intuit Inc., has all the means to transform the ways companies organize their financing and bookkeeping tasks, but at the same time, we can’t ignore the fact that QuickBooks Desktop is also prone to certain errors. QuickBooks error 6123 is one such error that we are going to discuss with you through this article.
What does QuickBooks error 6123 mean?
QuickBooks Error code 6123 is associated with the Error series 6000 and where the user is opening the company file, restoring or backing up the file in multi-user mode. You may received the error message as “We’re sorry, but QuickBooks cannot open your data file.”
Want to get rid of QuickBooks error 6123 immediately without wasting your precious time on the complex troubleshooting procedures? If yes, feel free to contact our QuickBooks support team at 1-855-856-0042.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error H202
What are the causes due to which users face QuickBooks error code 6123?
The most common reason that leads to the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 6123 is the corruption in the company file. However, there are a few other reasons too that can cause it, such as:
- Issues with the QuickBooks program files, such as damage or corruption.
What should be done to safely resolve QuickBooks error 6123?
Solution 1) Repair the QuickBooks program files with the aid of Quick Fix my program
- Close QuickBooks Desktop in case it is open.
- On your computer, get the QuickBooks Tool Hub application of the latest version (188.8.131.52).
Notice: Make sure to save the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) on the Windows Desktop. It will help you to access it quickly whenever there is a need.
- Open the file you got (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and start following the steps that are mentioned on your computer screen.
- Agree to the terms and conditions to conclude the installation of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Right-click the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub and then select the Open option.
- Inside QuickBooks Tool Hub, click on the Program Problems tab (located at the left sidebar).
- Select the Quick Fix my Program option and let the tool work.
- Once the Quick Fix my Program tool is finished fixing the program files of QuickBooks, launch your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Try to open your company file and see whether you get any QuickBooks errors this time.
If QuickBooks error 6123 occurs, proceed further to the second solution.
Solution 2) Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to repair the damaged company file
- Click on the Windows Start icon.
- Look for QuickBooks Tool Hub and select QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Click on the Company File Issues tab (located at the left-sidebar in QuickBooks Tool Hub).
- Choose the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button.
- Inside QuickBooks File Doctor, click on the drop-down menu and then select your company file.
Note: In case you don’t find your company file there, select the Browse button to search it on the computer. Your company filename will be like [your company name].qbw.
- Click on the Check your file option and then the Continue button.
- When prompted, type your QuickBooks Desktop admin password.
- Click on the Continue button to run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- When the repairing of your company file by QuickBooks File Doctor is done, select your company file from the list.
- Click on the Open QuickBooks option and try to access your company files.
If QuickBooks error code 6123 still occurs, jump to the third solution.
Solution 3) Make use of QuickBooks Verify/Rebuild tools to fix the company file
- Close all the windows except those of QuickBooks Desktop.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, go to the File menu.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the Utilities option.
- Choose the Verify Data option from the side list.
Note: If you notice the text, “QuickBooks detected no problems with your data,” jump directly to the fourth solution.
- In case you see the text, “Your data has lost integrity,” proceed further to the below-mentioned steps.
- Reopen the File menu and then hover over the Utilities option.
- From the side list of options, choose the Rebuild Data option.
- When prompted by QuickBooks Desktop to create a backup company file, select the OK button and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click on the OK button when the Rebuild Data tool throws the message, “Rebuild has completed.”
- After that, try to open your company file in QuickBooks Desktop.
If QuickBooks error 6123 persists, proceed further to the fourth solution.
Solution 4) Restore a backup copy of the company file in QuickBooks Desktop
- Launch your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Open the File menu located at the uppermost bar of the window.
- Select the Open or Restore Company option from the drop-down list.
- Choose the Restore a backup copy option and then click on the Next button.
- Select the Local Backup option and then click on the Next button.
- Look for your backup company file on the computer.
Note: The title of your backup company file will look like this: [Your company name].qbb.
- Pick a folder where you want to store the restored company file.
- After that, click on the Open button.
- Click on the Save button.
Let us conclude this article with the hope that you are now able to fix QuickBooks error 6123 with the help of the troubleshooting solutions that we have mentioned above. We have attempted our best to explain to you all the critical information required to get rid of such QuickBooks company file errors. However, if you are still getting QuickBooks error 6123 while trying to open your company files on a multi-user network, then there are high chances that the .ND and .TLG configuration files have been damaged. We recommend you to rename the .ND and .TLG configuration files and check whether this fixes the error you have been facing. For additional troubleshooting assistance to rectify QuickBooks error code 6123, don’t hesitate to speak to our QuickBooks professionals at 1-855-856-0042.