I’ve used the Brother printers for quite a long time and it has helped me finish my work in time for the deadline. One fine day, however, the Brother printer was in error state message that began to appear on the screen. After an hour, the error issue is still unsolved, and I am wasting my time and effort (I tried to appear as an expert on technology, which I wasn’t, which I realized afterward).
In the midst of me, was a geek who was sufficiently excited to fix the issue. I contacted the Brother printer customer support to get the troubleshooting directions and begin to solve the error issue with the Brother printer myself. The results were amazing as my printer now runs just like ” Just Bought New”.
How I solved it! Thanks to the Brother printer expert in customer service. Here are the causes and steps that I used to fix my Brother printer with an error issue.
Why did Brother Printer In Error State Happened?
While I was thinking that the Brother printers that were in error were because of a loose wire or an internet connection that was not there, I was mistaken, these were just a couple of causes. In addition, the following are the other factors that led to the error state issue in my printer from Brother.
- Paper jams in the printer.
- The printer connection is loose or not working properly.
- Printer drivers that are out of date.
- Brother’s printer appears to be not online or has been paused.
- Print jobs in the queue are stored in Print Spooler.
- Disabled PnP detection on Brother printer. Brother printer.
- The Brother printer was disconnected from the computer.
- Sometimes, ink levels are low.
How Did I Fix Brother Printer in Error State Problem?
Experts from Brother recommended that to first try simple solutions before moving on to advanced troubleshooting. In actuality, I tried every one of those solutions but without success. However, I must look through the entire 7 ways to resolve the Brother printer with an error state. The solutions are listed below.
Solution 1. Test the initial troubleshooting procedures on Windows 10 PC
- Make sure that the cables for your printer are secure and secured and are not damaged. The worn-out wires are often the primary suspects in causing issues with error states with Windows 10.
- Restart your computer and printer or just stop them and restart after five minutes. Sometimes it can help solve the problem.
- Like I’ve said that low levels of ink should not be overlooked. It is imperative to immediately check the levels of ink and replace them as needed. Be sure to make use of authentic Brother ink cartridges.
- Verify that no paper is jammed take even a small piece of paper. Make sure the feeder tray is clean, and then get the printer service finished.
If the above steps don’t solve the issue, then the Brother offline printer issue could be the cause. In order to resolve the issue, you’ll have to follow a few easy steps.
Solution 2. Find the offline Brother printer to work again
Examine whether your Brother printer is displayed as offline under the printer icon on the taskbar. This could be because of deactivated automatic updates or a faulty internet connection. Below are the steps I followed to get rid of the offline status and move one step forward to resolve the Brother printer in error problem in the Windows 10 PC.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click the Hardware and Sound section and click on View devices and printers..
- Find it by clicking on the Brother printer icon, right-click it, and then clicking to set it as the primary printer.
- Then, right-click then the Brother Printericon Choose to check the printer’s output.
- The new tab will appear and you can click on the printer tab.
- Simply remove both the Stop Printer and Use Offline Printer options.
- Last but not least, remember to reboot your computer.
Sometimes, it is possible that in addition to offline errors and the troubled Print Spooler service also leads to an error state issue. If this happens you’ll have to reboot your Print Spooler services and remove the printing jobs that are not yet completed.
Solution 3. Start your Print Spooler services to fix Brother printer issues.
Print Spooler aligns the printer jobs according to their sequence of print. Sometimes, it accumulates waiting for print jobs, denies printing, and can cause printer issues. printer to be in the state of error problem. This is how to resolve the issue.
- Press the Windows plus the R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- If you type Command Prompt, Command Prompt will be displayed in the search result.
- Right-click and select Run as Administrator.
- Select “Yes” on the screen to confirm.
- Now enter net stop Spooler into the search bar and press enter.
- A command prompt should show an announcement that says the Print Spooler process was terminated successfully
- Once more, type net stop, spooler then hit Enter.
- When you see the message – When you see the error message, Spooler service was successfully started and you can close the Command Prompt.
- Restart your computer and then try printing the test sheet.
Solution 4. Clean the print jobs that are pending in Print Spooler
- Start the C drive.
- Follow this guideline Go into Windows and System 32, then Spool > Printers, and then erase all documents within.
- Alternately, start the Run dialog box, then enter
C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers, and hit Enter.
- Then, click on the file inside that printer’s directory and click delete with the keys.
- After deleting the files start after deleting them, restart the Spooler service. Spooler process.
- Start your Runbox open, search for Services.MSc, and press Enter.
- Find the Print Spooler Right-click it, and then select Start.
- Start your computer to have your Brother printer error message Windows 10 problem fixed. If the issue is not resolved, then verify that your Plug and Play detection is switched off.
Solution 5. Make sure to activate the PnP Detection to repair Brother printers that are in error
Start by restarting the PC and then move on to activating to enable PnP and Plug and Play feature. Here’s how you accomplish it.
- Search Device Manager and hit Enter.
- When the device Manager window is displayed, select on the view tab and then click to show hidden Devices..
- Click Ports (COM & LPT).
- The expanded list will appear Under the expanded list, select the right-click on ECP Printer Port (LPT1)and choose Properties.
- Click Port Settings.
- Select an option that allows you to use any interrupt that is associated with this port.
- Make sure to tick the switch to turn on the old plug-and-play detection.
- Click Ok.
- Restart the printer and check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
Solution 6. Change Brother’s printer driver
The process of updating drivers for the Brother printer drivers can aid in fixing bugs and problems with printers that lead to printing errors using printers from the Brother printer. There are two ways to update the drivers, either by doing it by hand or setting it to automatically update. In the next section, we will show you the two methods.
Brother driver update process for printers (Manually)
- Start Chrome. chrome browser.
- Visit Brother’s download and support page.
- Find the search by category section and select the product you want to purchase.
- Choose the Brother model number of the printer.
- Select one of the Windows Operating System (In my instance, the OS is Windows 10, 64-bit) and then click OK.
- Click to open the full driver as well as the software.
- Select “I Agree” to the EULA and click the download button.
- The printer software downloads to your system.
- Follow the instructions on the screen for installing the driver installation package on your computer.
If this doesn’t work then you’ll need to put in more effort to restore the Brother printer on Windows 10 on your Windows 10 PC. The next method explains these steps in a clearer and more straightforward manner.
Solution 7. Install the Brother printer on Windows 10
Before reinstalling the printer it is recommended to remove all prints that have been made previously off your system. Follow the steps below in the order listed to fix the Brother printer with the error state permanently.
Uninstall the printer Brother from your computer
- Search Settings.
- Go to Devices.
- Click Printers and Scanners.
- Tap on the Brother Printer icon, then click to remove the device.
- Click Yes in the confirmation screen.
Install the Brother printer on Windows 10
- Click your search box and type Print.
- Click on The printers as well as Scanners’ choice.
- Select the +symbol which says Add scanners and printers.
- Select the Brother Printer you want to use and click Add device.
- Continue to follow the instructions displayed on the screen to connect your printer.
- If your system isn’t able to find a printer then you must select”no” or “the printer that I want not to list”.
- Choose”Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer” ” add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer”.
- Select Next. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once you’ve finished, reboot the system.
Is your printer still has an error? Call Brother Customer Service
These seven options helped me solve this problem with my Brother printer that was in an error state issue. From now on my Brother printer is operating at its best, even however, minor issues continue to go throughout the day. However, if you’re experiencing the error state problem, then I’d recommend getting in contact with the experts in printers via the Brother Printer customer support. These guys are simply fantastic they are more knowledgeable of the error than you do, and will be able to resolve the issue quickly.