Printing may not go as smoothly and you may find yourself confronted by annoying technical issues while you the process of printing. In addition to its numerous problems, Canon Printer Offline Error is one that can drive you to the ceiling when it ceases to complete the printing. Canon Printer Offline problem is not uncommon, however, thankfully, it is able to be eliminated. But, prior to changing the Canon printer offline and online mode, the first user should be aware of common causes that cause this error occurs. Get to Know more about canon mg3000 setup
Find The Causes of Canon Printer Problems Offline
There can be a myriad of reasons that cause an offline printer. However, it is vital for the user to understand the causes for the canon printer offline issue.
- Connection issue
- Unscrewed wire or USB cable
- Sleep mode of the printer
- The printer is currently in pause mode.
- Paper jam issue
- Paper tray that is empty
- Internet connection slow
- Malware or viruses attack
- Software and printer drivers that are corrupted
- Printer drivers aren’t compatible with new Windows in the aftermath of an upgrade.
Steps To Fix Canon Printer Offline Error
There are many effective methods to help you fix this Canon Printer offline Problem. The various options are described within this article. So, try to follow the solutions one at a time and attempt to solve the issue by yourself. Check out the most effective methods:
Step 1. Connect your printer using Wi-Fi.
Before you try something else, start with the basic steps. Therefore, connect your printer to wifi.
- Then, you must ‘forget’ the router and disconnect it from the printer.
- Connect it to your printer. If you’re using USB cable, connect them both using the aid of USB.
- If you would prefer to connect to your printer wirelessly an internet router, go to the WiFi Wizard Setup window of the touch screen printer and connect it to the internet router.
- Hold and press your printer’s Wi-Fi button until Wi-Fi light begins blinking.
- If you’re sure that your printer starts blinking blue, connect to your WiFi router and hit the WPS button.
- These methods allow you to enable your printer to be connected to Wifi and then connect it to the printer.
Step 2: Deleting the “Use Print Offline” Option on Your PC:
- Click the “Start” button, and then enter “Control Panel” in the search bar.
- Then choose “Hardware as well as Audio” from the list of sub-categories
- Select “Devices and Printers” on the next window.
- Right-click your Canon printer, and then click “See what’s printing.”
- Select “Printer” available from the left-hand side of the screen. Click to open the drop-down menu.
- Check that your option “Use the printer offline” is checked off. If it’s checked then you can remove that tick and store the modifications.
- After you’ve made the adjustments After you have made the changes, after you have made the changes, click “Cancel the entire document” and then try connecting to your Canon printer to it again.
If you’re not yet able to determine the Canon printer is not in offline mode, you can jump to the next step.
Step 3. Restart your printer’s spooler
Printer Spooler is responsible for all printing tasks that go to printers. Try restarting the Spooler service , and check if it can solve the Canon printer offline issue.
- Press the Windows keys + R at the same time.
- This will bring up the Run box. Now type services.msc and hit Enter.
- The window ‘Services’ will be opened, there will be the listing of Windows services. Click on any service , and repeatedly press P until the Printer Spooler appears.
- Then right-click on the Printer Spooler and choose Properties in the drop-down menu.
- On the General Tab, select Stop option, which is located under Service status. Click”OK” to save your modifications.
- This Printer Spooler service will get removed for the moment. You can now navigate to delete all printing tasks.
- For this , you need to open Window Explorer and open C drive. Windows >System32 Spool >> > PRINTERS.
- A pop-up message will appear on your screen, asking permission. Click to continue.
- The folder will now open, close the tab and then return to the General tab.
- Start the spooler service time. Change the Startup Type of the spooler to Automatic.
- Then restart your computer and test with the print test to determine if the error with your Canon printer offline is gone or it is not.
Step 4: Update Your Canon Printer Drivers
If the above strategies don’t work, it indicates that there’s a problem in the driver for your printer. Therefore, you must uninstall the driver of your printer first, and then install it in a manual manner.
Download from the official Canon setup site. After downloading the required drivers as well as software, please follow these instructions to install the Canon printer drivers in a correct manner.
- Start the Run window by pressing the Windows button and the letter R simultaneously on the keyboard.
- Then, open Device Manager Print Queues (in the submenu),
- Then right click on the hardware of the printer and choose Update Driver.
- The window will now ask you questions like “How do you plan to find this driver?”
- Choose ‘Browse’ on your computer for driver software’ and go on.
Select the option to install the driver for your printer, and then make the necessary updates.
- Reboot your system, and examine if the error has been solved or not.
These steps will assist you in switching your Canon printer to online.